Best Flag EVER

Best Flag EVER

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Jaime's first MTC letter;
Name Tag
Such a happy girl

Mom & Dad
I LOVE IT HERE!!! It's like a college for missionaries. I am so tired but so awake to the teachings and doctrine of Christ. I've been here two days and my testimony has already grown, and my knowledge of the Gospel has increased.
Truth be told the food is not as good as everyone says it is. It's actually gross, it reminds me of EFY, but I'm eating it anyways.
So guess who my companion is..... Sister Emily Jarvis, crazy eh?
Jaime and her companion Sister Emily Jarvis from Missouri
We are the only sisters heading to Halifax on Dec. 3rd. Also 800 missionaries entered the Provo MTC on Wednesday, Nov. 20th. When we got here we didn't get time to rest or unpack, we immediately jumped right into training. We, (no joke) got 20 minutes to unpack and get ready for bed, say our prayers, read our scriptures, etc. I'm still not fully unpacked, but o well I leave here in 10 days. I can't even express how amazing it is here, I love the people, I love my district, I feel so blessed, and I am blessed and will continue to be blessed. Days are crazy and hectic but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the Lord and his Gospel.
So we had a touching moment today, we had an Elder in our District who was struggling and chose to go home. We didn't want him to go, but he said he needed to and so he went home. We then said a prayer as a District and we all cried. The love we have for him is beyond any one of us knew we could have. My District is amazing:
The District- Only Sister Taylor and Sister Jarvis are going to Halifax, all the boys are going to Spokane Washington.
Elder Frampton- from Utah
Elder Craig - from Utah
Elder Griffiths- from Arizona
Elder Larson- from Utah
Sister Jarvis- from Missouri
Mostly everyone is from Utah here and I had to be reminded that I am an International Missionary HAHA. So we met our Branch tonight and all of us were given a calling. Elder Frampton is Zone Leader (in training), Elder Craig, Zone Leader (in training), Elder Larson, District Leader, Elder Griffiths- Tech man ( not sure what that means), Sister Jarvis- Music Conductor, and me Sister Taylor- Senior Companion. I love it, our District has such a strong spirit, the walls and ceiling were literally dripping from the spirit today. INCREDIBLE. One blessing I have received is that I haven't been homesick yet, but soon I'm sure it will hit me :)  Anyways I love you all. Hope all is well.
All My Love - Sister Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment