Best Flag EVER

Best Flag EVER

Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 12th, 2013 Week Two
Dear Mom and Dad;
Stop it your making me cry! Ha-ha that’s so awesome! I’m so happy for them! I want pictures. I want LOTS of pictures!!! So in my journal my book mark is the picture of me and you at my 2nd birthday!! I think about you all the time, well not all the time, ha-ha I tell stories about you all the time and how amazing you are and how much I just love you!!! And I talk about mom to!! And how strong and funny and beautiful she is! I just love you guys so much!! But I still haven't gotten homesick, which is such a blessing because I was so worried about that. 
WE GOT SO MUCH SNOW!!!
This is just the beginning
It’s up to my waist in some areas! We spent 2 hours this morning shoveling out our driveway and our neighbors. The snow out here is wet and heavy and as its coming down its windy so it drifts its brutal ha-ha, but its fun! I enjoy it! Its reminds me of home!! On Tuesday we got a new investigator Sandra she has 2 teenage boys and has a lot of questions about religion and god we had our first lesson with her in her front entry because apparently her house was a mess ha-ha the lord has definitely blessed us with being busy and having people to teach! I love it because I like to stay busy that way I’m not thinking about home which is great! I love it! I honestly can't get over how weird, crazy, and different Newfoundland is. 
so on Wednesday we witnessed 2 miracles the first one our investigator Matthew who is getting baptized on Saturday his daughter got in a serious car accident and before professed that she didn't believe in God, but during the accident she felt his presence and has now been taking the lessons with us, it was an awful things that happened, but the lord has prepared another one for us! She’s also coming to his baptism and before she wasn't going to. So it’s been a miracle!! our other one we were back in our apartment and we were a few minutes early so I told sister turner I feel we need to go knock on a few doors around us, so we did and the 2nd house we knocked on this lady rosemary answered and we told her who we were and she asked if we could come back after Christmas and teach her about the restored gospel and answer some questions she has. What a cool experience!!! Another miracle! The Lord truly does prepare people for us! The next day ha-ha I was on fire I was giving everyone a mormon.org card and just talking to everyone I saw. so in stores we aren't allowed to talk to people about religion, its policy, but we do anyways just secretly ha-ha its not against the mission) and Thursday night we were STARVING we hadn't eaten all day because we had been so busy so on our way home sister turner asked where do you want to eat. I told her at home but let’s stop at Wal-Mart first I want chocolate (of course) so we go there and then I all the sudden say EGG NOG lets go see if they have some so we do and as I’m walking down the isle I get the impression to talk to a lady her name is Debra and I tell her who we are and little about what we do and I asked her if she would like to hear the message we have to share she says sure and pulls her cart over and folds her arm, and I’m like oh crap ha-ha she wants it now so I start talking and sister turner was just like we normally come to people’s houses and share the message with them there and she was like oh ok yeah sure great!!! So we are going to go see her tomorrow! Ha-ha it was funny but great!!! 
The members are so amazing here they are strong missionary members they help us out a ton!! I just LOVE IT!!! well time is cutting short they really don't give us enough time, but that’s okay I’m sending home a letter and Christmas card for everyone hopefully it will be there in time for Christmas, but probably not ha-ha oh well love you lots!!


No comments:

Post a Comment